The Winnebago County Relay for Life is looking for new team members and are asking the general public for assistance. Last year, the Winnebago teams were tenth in the nation in fund raising for counties their size and they are looking to do the same again this year. Winnebago Chair Carolyn Sunde explains: The money…
Kaitlyn Moorhead has been a fierce competitor during her prep career and is expected to continue to battle as a member of the Waldorf College women’s wrestling team. Moorhead, a senior at Byron P. Steele II High School in Cibolo, signed a letter of intent with the Warriors on Jan. 8. “Kaitlyn will bring a…
Paul A. Zrostlik, 87, of Garner died Friday, January 23, 2015 at Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines. Funeral services will be held 10:30 A.M., Monday, January 26th at St. Wenceslaus Catholic Church in Duncan with Fr. Dennis Miller officiating. Burial will be in St. John’s Catholic Cemetery in Duncan with military rites conducted by…
Saturday, Jan. 31 6-8:30 pm @ the Forest City YMCA Start the night with pizza followed by bingo, volleyball swimming, basketball, billiards & wallyball. RSVP is required. Call 641-584-2261. Space is limited.
- Protesters disrupt Rick Perry’s Iowa Freedom Summit speech January 25, 2015Protesters disrupted former Texas Governor Rick Perry’s speech at today’s Iowa Freedom Summit, prompting the Republicans in the room to rise to their feet and roar back. The hullaballo started when Perry starting talking about security on the country’s southern border. “We need to send a message to congress: secure the border now. Override this […]O. Kay Henderson
- Santorum to GOP: ‘too many people think we don’t care about them’ (AUDIO) January 24, 2015During a speech this afternoon at the Iowa Freedom Summit in Des Moines, Rick Santorum got “nostalgic” about his victory in Iowa’s 2012 Caucuses and the hours he logged on the road here. “It is well worth the mileage and the sleep to go to all 99 counties in Iowa and if any one of […]O. Kay Henderson
- Walker: ‘I’m going to come back many more times’ to Iowa (AUDIO) January 24, 2015Wisconsin’s Scott Walker today presented himself to the crowd at the Iowa Freedom Summit as a governor who is employing a “comprehensive, conservative, common sense agenda” to cut taxes and take power away from “big government special interests” like unions for teachers. “Common sense conservative reforms can actually work and they work in a blue […]O. Kay Henderson
- Trump touts business career, but not TV show during Iowa speech (AUDIO) January 24, 2015Businessman and reality TV star Donald Trump came to the Iowa Freedom Summit today with a list of problems he says he’d fix as president, from crumbling infrastructure to Social Security and ObamaCare. “I know what needs to be done to make America great again…The potential is enormous and I am seriously thinking of running […]O. Kay Henderson
- Trump says people ‘certainly should’ take his potential candidacy seriously January 24, 2015Businessman Donald Trump told reporters in Des Moines this morning that he is a “very serious person” and is seriously considering a bid for the White House in 2016. “I want to see this country be great again and I can do that,” Trump said. Trump also dismissed both Jeb Bush and Mitt Romney as […]O. Kay Henderson
- Deflate-Gate Is Pumping Up the Bottom Line for Some January 25, 2015From area bakeries to major national brands, businesses see Patriots' "DeflateGate" scandal as an opportunity.
- Lost Texas Dog Found 1,100 Miles Away In Indiana January 25, 2015A dog that vanished from his Galveston yard last year has been returned home after turning up in a central Indiana city some 1,100 miles away.
- Hugs and 'Chemistry': Obama Hails India Talks January 25, 2015President Barack Obama and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Sunday they had made progress on nuclear cooperation and climate change.
- Rescuers Fail Again to Lift Jet Fuselage from Sea Bed January 25, 2015The second attempt to lift the fuselage of the crashed AirAsia jetliner failed Sunday when a rope linking the lifting balloons broke.
- Gusting Winds Fuel Huge California Mulch Fire January 25, 2015Santa Ana winds turned an Ontario mulch fire into a battle Saturday night as firefighters struggled to contain the blaze.
- New oil pipeline through Iowa is raising questions from landowners January 23, 2015Your browser does not support the audio tag. AMES and DES MOINES, Iowa – The crude oil pipeline proposed by the Dakota Access LLC arm...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- Time is running out for farmers to take part in new farm bill programs January 23, 2015Your browser does not support the audio tag. NEWTON and DES MOINES, Iowa – Despite the enormity of choosing programs under the new farm safety...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- Colfax Sheep Auction: January 17, 2015 January 20, 2015COLFAX, Iowa – Numbers at the weekly Colfax sheep auction are beginning to increase, with a pickup in new crop lambs hitting the market. 241...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- Branstad’s budget proposal increases water quality funding January 14, 2015Your browser does not support the audio tag. DES MOINES, Iowa – Funding to improve Iowa’s water quality will be a top issue this legislative...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- Iowa’s corn, soybean farmers broke production records in 2014 January 13, 2015DES MOINES, Iowa – According to USDA’s National Agricultural Statistics Service, Iowa Field Office, corn for grain production in Iowa during 2014 is estimated at...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- Defending champion Ogier wins Monte Carlo rally January 25, 2015MONACO (AP) Defending world rally champion Sebastien Ogier of France began his title defense with a victory at the season-opening Monte Carlo rally Sunday, finishing ahead of Finland's Jari-Matti Latvala and Andreas Mikkelsen of Norway as Volkswagen swept the podium places....
- Aston Villa announces Fabian Delph extension before FA Cup match January 25, 2015Aston Villa secured the services of midfielder Fabian Delph, and while that should have been an exciting announcement, the club blew it up a little too much and it fell flat on its face.
- Hue Jackson thought he was “right fit” for Bills head coach January 25, 2015Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson has a year of head coaching experience with the Raiders and got a chance to interview for another shot at a top job in Buffalo this year. The Bills opted to hire Rex Ryan instead of Jackson, but Jackson left his interview feeling like he was a good fit for…
- Report: Elite 2016 international big man could decide today between Kentucky, Texas and Villanova January 25, 2015One of the best big men in the 2016 class could decide between three powerhouse programs on Sunday.
- Lacazette scores and gets injured as leader Lyon beats Metz January 25, 2015PARIS (AP) Alexandre Lacazette scored his league-leading 21st goal of the season Sunday - and then limped off injured - as Lyon beat 10-man Metz 2-0 to maintain its four-point lead at the top of the French league....
- From Cave to Plate: 4 Ways to Make Paleo Work for You January 25, 2015If you've not already tried the paleo diet, your carnivorous friends probably have.
- 88-Year-Old Food Critic Takes On Local McDonald's January 24, 2015Marilyn Hagerty, the North Dakota food critic whose reviews of food chains such as the Olive Garden and Taco Bell have gone viral, takes on McDonald's.
- 12 Must-Have Super Bowl Party Dish Recipes January 24, 2015From cheesy dips, to sliders, to decadent sweets, the options are endless. Here are some of the most popular Super Bowl recipes from Pinterest.
- Gym Buddies: Five Great Traits in a Workout Partner January 24, 2015It not only feels more motivating to work out with a partner, but it can boost your exercise intensity as much as 200 percent, research shows.
- Benedict Cumberbatch Tries Out New Names January 24, 2015Jimmy Kimmel challenged Benedict Cumberbatch to try out different names to see if the actor still had the same amount of "gravitas and charisma."
- That's Cool: Ice Energy Heats up Storage Market January 25, 2015The market for storing wind and solar-generated electricity could become a multibillion-dollar industry in the next decade, analysts say.John Roach
- Caribbean Travel Unfazed by Cuba Opening - For Now January 24, 2015There's pent-up U.S. desire to travel to Cuba, but the hotels, roads and air routes haven't caught up yet, experts say.Harriet Baskas
- In New Emails, Madoff Defends His Dead Sons January 23, 2015Bernard Madoff is still insisting he acted alone in his epic fraud.Scott Cohn
- Fuel Surcharges Linger as Gas Prices Fall. Why? January 23, 2015Different industries have different reasons, but it all comes down to revenues.Martha C. White
- Super Bowl XLIX's Most Bizarre Prop Bets January 23, 2015There are plenty of great storylines for the Super Bowl in Glendale, Arizona, on Feb. 1. But let's talk wagers.
KIOW on Facebook: