Quilting Treasures will be held from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 27th at North Iowa Area Community College. Organizers say the event offers ideas and inspirations with an opportunity to hear from six experts and enthusiasts in the art of quilting. The day will begin with a “Quilt Tour to Ireland”. Participants…
The Forest City volleyball team swept Newman Catholic and West Hancock in North Iowa Conference action Tuesday night in Mason City. In matches heard on KIOW and B103.1, Forest City defeated Newman Catholic 25-6, 25-5, 25-7. Emily Koch had 17 assists, Sarri Happel 8 kills and Maggie Mathiasen 5. In the West Hancock match, Forest…
William “Bill’ Dahl, 98, of Kanawha passed away Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at the Kanawha Community Home in Kanawha. Funeral Services for William Dahl will be held on Saturday, September 20, 2014 at 10:30am at the Kanawha Lutheran Church 124 West Fourth Street in Kanawha with pastors Geoffrey and Char White officiating. Burial will be…
Hancock County Health System is having an open house for the New Senior Life Solutions Program on the third floor of the hospital in Britt. The Ribbon Cutting will be at 3PM and the open house runs from 3:00PM to 6:00PM, September 16, 2014. Help with Ribbon Cutting, take a tour, enjoy refreshments and register…
- Iowa corn still immature as first frost blankets much of Iowa September 16, 2014DES MOINES, Iowa – Frost was reported across much of the state last week, though its damaging effects were minimal, according to the latest Iowa...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- Colfax Sheep Auction: September 13, 2014 September 15, 2014COLFAX, Iowa – The September 13th Sheep and Goat market in Colfax had a good run of 706 head of sheep and 203 head of...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- Iowa cash rents $5.00 higher in 2014 September 9, 2014DES MOINES, Iowa (NASS) – Cash rent paid for non-irrigated crop land in Iowa during 2014 averaged $260.00 per acre, an increase of $5.00 from...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- 6 Ag Stories You Need to Read Today, September 9 September 9, 2014Pork Producing Countries Want Tariffs Out in TPP WASHINGTON – The National Pork Producers Council stated Monday top pork producing nations want tariffs out of...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- Iowa corn maturity lagging behind by 2 weeks September 8, 2014DES MOINES, Iowa – 76 percent of Iowa’s corn crop and 73 percent of Iowa’s soybean crop is in the good-to-excellent category, according to the...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- 'Mass Murder' at Sea? Survivor Reveals Shipwreck Horror September 17, 2014Khamis is one of few survivors of the "Malta Shipwreck," the deadliest migrant boat disaster in European history that saw 500 people lose their lives.Claudio Lavanga and Lawahez Jabari and Alexander Smith
- Vikings Owner: We Made a Mistake on Peterson September 17, 2014Vikings owner Zygi Wilf admitted today that his team screwed up when it reinstated running back Adrian Peterson.
- Dropped: Nike Suspends Contract With Adrian Peterson September 17, 2014Nike "in no way condones child abuse or domestic violence of any kind and has shared our concerns with the NFL."
- Who Shot Down MH17? The Answer Is Worth $30 Million September 17, 2014A mysterious $30 million reward has been offered for evidence identifying those behind the downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 in eastern Ukraine.
- Exclusive: NBC's Ann Curry Interviews Iran's Rouhani September 17, 2014The sit-down comes a year after Curry became the first U.S. journalist to interview the president following his election.
- Roger Goodell won't hear Ray Rice appeal, never intended to September 17, 2014PFT Live: Roger Goodell never intended to hear Ray Rice’s appeal, meaning the NFLPA’s request to recuse him from the appeal has been granted.
- The fumes of a championship are running out for Tom Coughlin September 17, 2014PFT Live: After Week 2, Mike Florio updates his coaching hot seat list. Both of the Ryan brothers have made their way onto the list, but none are higher on the list than Giants' head coach Tom Coughlin who is off to a rough start.
- Nike suspends contract with Vikings' Peterson September 17, 2014
- After making 'mistake,' Vikings bench RB Peterson September 17, 2014MINNEAPOLIS (AP) Hours after reversing course and benching Adrian Peterson indefinitely, Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf said Wednesday that the team "made a mistake" in bringing back its superstar following his indictment on a felony child-abuse charge in Texas....
- Is the NFL forcing Adrian Peterson to plead guilty? September 17, 2014PFT Live: The Minnesota Vikings have placed Adrian Peterson on the exempt commissioner's permission list, which means he'll still get paid, but can't be around the team. Mike Florio says this essentially forces Peterson to plead guilty.
- Cool in School! Margulies and Fallon Sing Morning Announcements September 17, 2014They put the "pal" in principal.
- Lupita Nyong'o Tells Elmo She Loves Her Skin September 17, 2014Oscar-winning actress Lupita Nyong'o stopped by "Sesame Street" in the flesh to share an important lesson with her furry friend, Elmo.
- 'Bigger Is Better': TODAY Anchors Get a Sneak Peek at New iPhones September 17, 2014Two days before the official release of the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus, the TODAY anchors got their hands on the hot new devices.
- Police Chief Defends Detaining 'Django Unchained' Actress September 17, 2014Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck said he had no problem with how LAPD officers handled an incident last week in which an actress was detained.
- Ginger or Mary Ann? 'Gilligan' Fans Still Ponder This September 17, 2014Ginger or Mary Ann? It's a classic pop-psychological question that's as much about personality and expectations as good looks.
- Major Sponsors Turn Up Heat on NFL Over Abuse Scandal September 17, 2014Corporate sponsor have started publicly expressing concern over the NFL's handling of the domestic abuse scandal.Ben Popken
- Nike Suspends Contract With Adrian Peterson September 17, 2014Nike "in no way condones child abuse or domestic violence of any kind and has shared our concerns with the NFL."
- Buy This, Not That at the Dollar Stores September 17, 2014Sometimes with the dollar stores cheap is thrifty, and sometimes you get what you pay for.
- Travel Industry Battles Minimum Wage Hike September 17, 2014Travel industry paints a rosy picture of the hotel business even as it is battling labor gourps trying to raise the minimum wage for tourism workers.Amy Langfield
- Kohl's, FedEx, UPS Boost Holiday Season Hiring September 17, 2014Stores and package delivery companies are already stepping up hiring for what they expect will be a big holiday season.
KIOW on Facebook: