The Forest City Boy Scouts were raising money on the courthouse lawn, in the form of food booth at the Winnebago County Courthouse. Dr. Jim Brockon explains: The Scouts had one of the best locations on the courthouse lawn as the entire booth was under the trees. The troop didn’t have to deal with the sun like…
After spending her freshman year at Ellsworth Community College, Forest City’s Hailey Kofron is returning to her hometown as a member of the Waldorf College softball team. Kofron, a 2013 Forest City High School (FCHS) graduate, signed a letter of intent with the Warriors on Wednesday. “We are very pleased that Hailey made the decision…
- Iowa’s corn and soybean crops are ahead of schedule, but is good growing weather still in the forecast? July 14, 2014DES MOINES, Iowa – Two thirds of Iowa’s corn and soybean crop this year are good to excellent, and both crops are ahead of schedule....Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- Big wins for agriculture hang in the balance as mid-term elections threaten trade talks July 14, 2014OTTOWA, Ontario – On Saturday, negotiators from the 12 member countries of the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade talks wrapped up their latest meeting in the Canadian...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- New RFA study scorches Big Oil on ethanol access; Grassley heads to FTC with findings July 14, 2014WASHINGTON – Two senators are taking a report from the Renewable Fuels Association to the steps of the Federal Trade Commission, alleging it shows a...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- Colfax Sheep Auction: July 12, 2014 July 14, 2014COLFAX, Iowa – The July 12 Sheep and Goat market in Colfax had a good run of 681 head of sheep and 157 head of...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- Senate confirms Drake University grad Darci Vetter as Chief Ag Negotiator July 11, 2014WASHINGTON – Since graduating from Drake University in 1996 with a bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, newly minted Chief Agricultural Trade Negotiator Darci Vetter has...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- Second American 'Lone Soldier' Gets Hero's Burial July 23, 2014"I never thought I'd have to bury my child, it’s not supposed to be that way," says mom of American 21-year-old who volunteered to fight for Israel.Kate Snow and Alexander Smith
- Heading Home: First MH17 Victims Fly Out of Ukraine July 23, 2014A short ceremony was held at the airport before the flight took off from Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- A Tribute to One of China's Famous Modern-Day Artists July 23, 2014A new performance project focuses on the Chinese artist's lesser-known, early life, including his formative years in New York City.Ruby Veridiano
- Not Quite 'Ocean's Eleven': Casino Robbers Grab $180K July 23, 2014At least one of the masked suspects pulled out a gun at Caesars Atlantic City, according to police.
- Moving Moment as Wrecked Concordia Makes Final Voyage July 23, 2014The wrecked Costa Concordia began its final voyage Wednesday as it was towed from the Italian island if Giglio where it sank in 2012.
- Mets-Mariners Preview July 23, 2014The last time Bartolo Colon lost in Seattle, Taijuan Walker had just turned nine years old. While the New York Mets look for Colon to continue his dominance at Safeco Field, Walker tries to prove he's ready to be a consistent part of the Mariners rotation in the finale of this three-gam...
- Orioles-Angels Preview July 23, 2014Though they're on the verge of being swept at home for only the second time this season, the Los Angeles Angels should feel confident giving the ball to Jered Weaver....
- Tuesday Sports In Brief July 23, 2014BAGNERES-DE-LUCHON, France (AP) Michael Rogers of Australia led a breakaway to a downhill finish in winning the longest stage as the Tour de France entered the Pyrenees on Tuesday....
- Jerry putting behind bullying scandal July 23, 2014EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) Surrounded by more media than an offensive lineman normally attracts, John Jerry knew what questions were coming....
- Tigers lean on experienced trainer Kevin Rand July 23, 2014DETROIT (AP) When Dave Dombrowski's career began, he could count on one hand the number of medical-related employees baseball teams had....
- Her Majesty's Racehorse Fails Morphine Test July 23, 2014Buckingham Palace said that early indications suggest that Estimate consumed the substance as a result of contaminated feed.
- 'The Rock' Pumps Up Fans With Hard Work On Instagram July 22, 2014"Hercules" star Dwayne Johnson has clearly been getting in shape, but there's a softer side to the action film star, his photos reveal.
- Michigan Jail Ditches Trendy 'Orange' Uniforms July 22, 2014Sorry, stylistas: You won’t get your fashion fix by committing a crime in Saginaw County, Michigan, and landing yourself behind bars. Not anymore.
- Philip Seymour Hoffman Leaves $35M to His Partner July 22, 2014According to documents filed to court, Hoffman had told his accountant he "did not want his children to be considered 'trust fund' kids."
- Rachel McAdams: Guys Cry Over 'Notebook,' Too July 22, 2014The actress said male fans constantly confess their love of the 2004 romantic tearjerker to her. "Embrace it!" she encouraged.
- Grocery Workers Call for Boycott to Support Fired CEO July 23, 2014Workers at Market Basket have a clear message to the family controlling the grocery chain: They want their fired CEO back on the job.
- Apple Faces Class-Action Suit for Unpaid Wages July 23, 2014A California court gave class-action status to a lawsuit by former Apple employees who claim they were denied breaks and are owed back wages.
- Queen of Mean: Leona Helmsley's Home Lists for $65M July 23, 2014The Greenwich, Connecticut, summer home where hotelier Leona Helmsley died has been completely renovated and is back on the market for $65 million.
- Apple Just Sold How Many iPhones? July 22, 2014Apple's growth prospects are looking brighter as anticipation builds for the upcoming release of the next iPhone.
- MagicJack Inventor Dan Borislow Dies at 52 July 22, 2014Dan Borislow, the inventor of magicJack and a pioneer in developing phone calls over the Internet, died Monday of a heart attack.
KIOW on Facebook: