The Register’s Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa has a new slogan or theme for the 2014 edition when it comes to Forest City. “RV There Yet?” is the official theme for the event which will stop in Forest City on July 22nd. The theme is a wink at Forest City’s overwhelming Norwegian heritage while…
The Forest City boys track team finished 4th in Class A at the Cowboy Relays in Clarion Friday night with 99 points. Clear Lake was team champion with 117, while the host Cowboys were 2nd with 116, and Garner-Hayfield/Ventura was 3rd with 102.5. For the Indians, Grant Lehmann won the 400 and 800 meter runs,…
- Will persistent cold continue into planting season? April 15, 2014To hear more on weather at the start of this year’s planting season, click here. DES MOINES, Iowa – Cold temperatures blasted much of the...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- Report: Renewable energy crucial in fighting climate change April 15, 2014To hear more on efforts to mitigate climate change, click here. DYERSVILLE, Iowa (NAFB) – Renewable energy is recognized as a factor in mitigating climate...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- Colfax Sheep Auction: April 12, 2014 April 14, 2014COLFAX, Iowa – The April 12th Sheep and Goat market in Colfax saw a good pre-Easter run Saturday, with nearly twice as many sheep as...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- State grants pump funds into higher ethanol, biodiesel blends April 14, 2014To hear Sec. Northey’s take on fueling Iowa’s future, click here. DES MOINES, Iowa – Yesterday, the Iowa Department of Agriculture put money where its...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- Waukee farmer reflects on first-time use of cover crops April 14, 2014 Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- Stabbing Rampage: Students 'Never Felt More Safe' in Return April 16, 2014“FR, you are loved.”Members of the Murrsyville, Pa., community lined the streets and held up signs early Wednesday so that students headed for Franklin Regional High School could see their support.
- Tsarnaev Can View Victim Autopsy Photos: Judge April 16, 2014A federal judge ruled Wednesday that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the surviving suspect in the bomb attack on the Boston Marathon, will be allowed to see autopsy photos of the victims.The judge, George O’Toole of U.S.
- Jameis Winston Rape Probe Ripped by Prosecutor April 16, 2014Florida state’s attorney charged with handling the investigation into rape allegations against Florida State's star quarterback assailed police.
- Ukraine, Pro-Russia Forces in Uneasy Standoff in Eastern Ukraine April 16, 2014Ukrainian and pro-Russian forces traded public displays of strength in eastern Ukraine on Wednesday as separatist tensions threatened to boil over.
- Did GM Reject Safer Ignition Switch Design in 2001 Because of Cost? April 16, 2014Newly released internal GM documents reveal that the company in 2001 considered -- and rejected – an ignition switch design that two prominent safety advocates say could have avoided the problem that led the automaker to recall millions of vehicles this year.Rich Gardella and Talesha Reynolds
- Gaborik adds scoring to LA Kings' playoff plans April 16, 2014EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) Marian Gaborik's new teammates with the Los Angeles Kings initially wondered whether such a talented goal-scorer could fit into a defense-dominated team when he arrived in a trade last month.... […]
- A good read: Bucks' Udoh draws fans for book club April 16, 2014MILWAUKEE (AP) Epke Udoh will leave one positive lasting impression from this dreary season for the Milwaukee Bucks, and it has nothing to do with basketball.... […]
- A look at the NBA playoff picture April 16, 2014A look at where things stand in the NBA playoff picture, with one day remaining in the regular season: --- EAST UPDATE How is New York not in the playoffs? Even without Carmelo Anthony, the Knicks beat Brooklyn on Tuesday night - their third double-digit win over the Nets ...
- Clippers-Trail Blazers Preview April 16, 2014The Los Angeles Clippers may know by the time they take the court Wednesday night if they still have an opportunity to secure the Western Conference's No. 2 seed....
- Sharper challenges his no-bail status in Arizona April 16, 2014PHOENIX (AP) A judge in Phoenix will hold a hearing Wednesday in which lawyers for former NFL All-Pro safety Darren Sharper will challenge the evidence used to keep him in jail without bail on charges that he drugged and sexually assaulted two women in Arizona.... […]
- Steve Schirripa: I'm a Big Believer in Karma April 16, 2014The former "Sopranos" star and host of a new Discovery show, "Karma's a B" also has a powerful singing voice, as was revealed on TODAY.
- Christopher Meloni 'consumed' by 'best butt in prime time' title April 16, 2014Former "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" star Christopher Meloni teams up with Dean Norris ("Breaking Bad," "Under the Dome") in their new flick "Small Time." The actors stopped by TODAY Wednesday to talk about the film, but it didn't take long for another topic to take center stage.Ree Hines
- Cyndi Lauper Likens Making Music to Doing a 'Cooking Special' April 16, 2014Thirty years since the release of her breakthrough "She's So Unusual" album, the Grammy and Tony-winning singer is still delighting crowds.
- Steve Schirripa: 'I'm a big believer in karma' April 16, 2014 TODAY staff
- Marisa Tomei 'relentlessly chipper' in Broadway role April 16, 2014 TODAY staff
- Girls may not believe it, but they rule when it comes to money April 16, 2014Girls and money smarts: perfect together.
- Girls may not believe it, but they rule when it comes to money April 16, 2014Girls and money smarts: perfect together. Sure, women make up just 24 percent of workers in so-called STEM fields—those that deal with science, technology, engineering, and math. And women are scarce in the leadership ranks of finance.Kelley Holland
- Seafood Chain Still Uses 'Lots' of Trans Fats: Health Group April 16, 2014Joe’s Crab Shack advertises that it uses "zero trans fat oil,” but a health advocacy group said Wednesday the seafood chain still uses the artery-clogging fats in alarming amounts.
- Stocks Shoot Up, Dow Adds 100 Points, as Yahoo Results Shine April 16, 2014Stocks rose on Wednesday, extending gains into a third session, after better-than-expected earnings from Yahoo bolstered gains in the technology sector.The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 106 points in early morning trading, the S&P 500 was up 9 points and the Nasdaq rose 24.Kate Gibson, CNBC
- Housing Starts Rose as Weather Warmed, But Less Than Expected April 16, 2014Groundbreaking on new homes rose less than expected in March and building permits fell, pointing to underlying weakness in the housing market that could persist despite better weather.The Commerce Department said on Wednesday that housing starts increased 2.
KIOW on Facebook: