The Winnebago County Board of Supervisors Committee on the Public Safety Center will take its informational road meetings to the city where the project will be based. Forest City will now have its chance to hear about the project that is expected to cost over $4 million and be located just north of Lichtsinn Motors…
SPORTS NEWS SEPTEMBER 30 2014 The Forest City Volleyball team travels to Buffalo Center tonight for their final North Iowa Conference match of the season. Join Orin Harris for the live play by play from Buffalo Center, with pre-match at 7:20 and first serve at 7:30 PM. Forest City Indian volleyball tonight on KIOW and…
Dorothy M. Wilson, 96, of Garner, formerly of Crystal Lake, died Friday, September 26, 2014 at the Muse Norris Hospice Inpatient Unit in Mason City. Funeral services will be held 11:00 A.M., Monday, September 29, 2014 at the Cataldo Funeral Chapel in Garner with Rev. Robert Snitzer officiating. Burial will be in Crystal Township…
Hancock County Health System is having an open house for the New Senior Life Solutions Program on the third floor of the hospital in Britt. The Ribbon Cutting will be at 3PM and the open house runs from 3:00PM to 6:00PM, September 16, 2014. Help with Ribbon Cutting, take a tour, enjoy refreshments and register…
- Iowa Ag Department helps organic growers get certified September 26, 2014DES MOINES, Iowa (IDALS) – Iowa Secretary of Agriculture Bill Northey today said that $501,500 in cost share is available through a new program designed...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- Harvest 2014: Oil versus oilseeds on American railroads September 24, 2014Your browser does not support the audio tag. DES MOINES, Iowa – This harvest season a bumper crop of corn and soybeans will strain the...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- Unexpected frost revisits lagging Iowa crops September 23, 2014DES MOINES, Iowa – As farmers chopped silage and continued harvesting hay this past week, an unexpected frost fell in areas of northern Iowa like...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- 7 Ag Stories You Need to Read Today, September 23 September 23, 2014EPA Abandons Key Farm Case in West Virginia OLD FIELDS, W.Va. – The Environmental Protection Agency will not appeal a key federal ruling in favor...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- Colfax Sheep Auction: September 20, 2014 September 22, 2014COLFAX, Iowa – The September 20th Sheep and Goat market in Colfax had a good run of 715 head of sheep and 113 head of...Iowa Agribusiness Radio Network Staff
- 'Umbrella Revolution' Sets Deadline for Government September 30, 2014The pro-democracy Occupy Central movement that has challenged Beijing with days of protests gave the government until Oct.1 to meet their demands.
- American Airlines Plane Makes Emergency Landing at DFW September 30, 2014An American Airlines plane has made an emergency landing at DFW International Airport.
- Cardinals' Dwyer Faces Nine Charges for Hitting Wife September 30, 2014Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer was formally charged with nine counts in relation to two arguments in which he’s alleged to have hit his wife.
- White House Intruder Raced Past Officer, Far Into Building September 30, 2014Omar J. Gonzalez, 42, jumped over the fence of the White House and dashed past security before being apprehended.
- Thousands of Porch Lights On For Six-Year-Old and His Dad September 29, 2014On Friday night a little boy in Tennessee got his wish. Thousands of lights were switched on across the country and around the world at his request.Kate Snow
- Michigan AD apologizes for mistakes with QB injury September 30, 2014ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) Michigan Athletic Director Dave Brandon says a "serious lack of communication" led to wobbly quarterback Shane Morris playing Saturday against Minnesota when he should have been pulled for his own safety....
- Report: Tony Sparano won’t be Raiders interim coach September 30, 2014In the wake of the firing of head coach Dennis Allen Monday night, one of the most logical choices for an interim replacement was assistant head coach and offensive line coach Tony Sparano. Sparano served four years as head coach of the Miami Dolphins from 2008-2011 and has the most recent head coaching experience of…
- Serena avoids early bagel, cruises at China Open September 30, 2014
- Since 2000, interim coaches have won at a higher rate than their predecessors September 30, 2014The firing of Raiders coach Dennis Allen marks the 23rd time an NFL club has changed coaches in-season for reasons of resignation or termination since 2000. Of the 22 interim coaches in this span, eight went on to earn the club’s full-time head-coaching job the next season. This includes the Raiders’ Tom Cable, who took…
- Taylor Hall scores twice, Oilers beat Jets 3-1 September 30, 2014EDMONTON, Alberta (AP) Taylor Hall scored two goals to lead the Edmonton Oilers over the Winnipeg Jets 3-1 on Monday night....
- Principal and Laser-Cat Student Join Forces September 30, 2014Draven Rodriguez and his cat Mr. Bigglesworth's photo just got even more 'glorious,' with the addition of his school principal and her rescue dog.
- 'Not That Kind of Girl:' Lena Dunham Will Pay Artists September 29, 2014Lena Dunham is "Not That Kind of Girl:" the "Girls" creator has changed her mind about not paying warm-up acts for her 11-city book tour.Maria Elena Fernandez
- Walmart: Tracy Morgan Was Not Wearing a Seat Belt September 29, 2014Tracy Morgan and other passengers who were involved in a deadly crash with a Wal-Mart truck were not wearing seat belts, the retailer claims in court.
- Actress Amanda Bynes Arrested on DUI Charge September 29, 2014Actress Amanda Bynes was arrested for allegedly driving under the influence on Sunday morning.
- Teacher Is a Hit With Sign Language Covers of Pop Songs September 29, 2014A teacher is hoping to encourage more kids to learn American Sign Language, with a little help from Taylor Swift.
- Hong Kong Unrest Weighs on Stocks September 29, 2014Investors are watching developments closely in one of the world's top financial centers.
- Caffeinated Underwear? FTC Says It Lacks Buzz September 29, 2014Bras, girdles and leggings infused with caffeine and sold as weight loss aids were more decaf than espresso, U.S. regulators said on Monday.
- How One Man With a Lighter Crippled America's Air Travel September 29, 2014An act of sabotage took out a major radar center, seriously crippling our nation's air traffic control system. How did it happen?Ben Popken
- World's Longest Flight Lands in Dallas, Finally September 29, 2014The world's longest flight — via the world's largest passenger jet — landed in Dallas on Monday.
- Bill Gates Tops Forbes 400 List of Richest Americans September 29, 2014The Microsoft co-founder topped the Forbes list for the 21st straight year, with a net worth pegged at a whopping $81 billion.
KIOW on Facebook: