Carbon monoxide leak sends 8 to Iowa hospitals

Des Moines authorities say eight people including an infant have been taken to local hospitals following a carbon monoxide leak at a house.

The Des Moines Fire Department says a woman contacted authorities Friday morning to complain about a headache that had lasted several days.

Department spokesman Captain Steve Brown tells Des Moines television station KCCI that a woman collapsed after she answered the door to responding firefighters. They later recorded high levels of carbon monoxide in the house, which did not have a detector for the odorless gas.

The station reports a mother and two children were taken to Mercy Medical Center. Five others in the house were taken to Iowa Methodist Medical Center. Their names and conditions have not been released.

Leave a Reply

*